Commercial roofing scams are unfortunately common and can result in poor-quality work, overcharging, and even theft. Avoiding them is an important part of running a successful business, even though it can get somewhat difficult to do so at times.
Here are some helpful tips from a reputable commercial roofing Colorado Springs CO company on how to avoid the most common commercial roofing scams:
- Do your research: Before hiring a commercial roofing contractor, research their reputation and credentials. Check their website, read reviews and ratings on third-party websites, and verify their license and insurance information.
- Avoid door-to-door salespeople: Be wary of contractors who approach you with unsolicited offers, or who offer a free inspection of your roof. These are common tactics used by scammers to gain access to your roof and create fake damage.
- Ask for references: Ask the contractor for references from past customers and follow up with them to ask about their experience with the contractor.
- Beware of high-pressure sales tactics: Scammers may use high-pressure sales tactics to convince you to hire them on the spot. Be wary of contractors who pressure you to sign a contract or make a deposit immediately.
- Avoid cash-only transactions: Scammers often ask for cash-only payments and avoid providing written estimates or contracts. Always insist on a written estimate and contract that includes details of the work to be done, the materials used, and the payment terms.