Denver solar contractors talk a lot about how good solar panel roofing systems are. These roofs are certainly technologically superior, but many people don’t fully realize just how much of a positive difference they can really make.
So lets take a closer look at some of the advantages of solar panel roofing:
- The installation of solar panel roofs is quite easy, and will not take much more time than the setup of a regular roofing system. The solar panel installation does require some electronics, but a good Denver solar company expert will get everything running in no time.
- Since the roof itself is the solar array, you can fit more solar panels on the entire surface area taken up by the roof.
- When you don’t use as much energy as the panels produce, you can feed electricity back into the grid, thereby reducing your energy costs and your carbon footprint.
- The solar panels keep generating current all day every day, so if your energy costs are low, you only have to use the grid for energy during the night.
Unfortunately, as with every type of roofing system, there are some disadvantages as well:
- Solar panel roofing is not as resilient and durable as other types of roofs, and they do require maintenance to continue running well.
- The system is pretty expensive to install, so some homeowners might not afford the upfront costs without getting a loan.
Nevertheless, solar panel roofing is definitely a vision of the future. These installations are being perfected on a regular basis, and chances are costs will keep being reduced as new technologies emerge and current ones are being improved quite steadily.