Often, we may have a roof leak without knowing exactly where it is coming from. Roof leaks are different, some are small, others are large, but all of them cause damage to walls, foundation and the exterior of the building.
Here are the most common signs that warn you about leaks in your roof.
- You notice a water stain on the ceiling
A stain often ringed with brown, or any kind of discoloration you notice on the ceiling or walls must be investigated close, as it is likely to reveal a leak, as well as other problems such as mold formation.
- You see drips on the walls
Even if it seems to be a rather isolated problem, it may still indicate a roof leak, so investigate it even if it seems to go away. Roof leaks never get fixed on their own; they only aggravate when you expect the least.
- You notice spots even on the exterior walls, most likely under your roof line.
- You have mossy walls, which is a sign that there may be something wrong with the drainage system.
- You have missing shingles, as well as problems with roof sealing accessories.
If you notice either of these signs, you should hire Fort Collins roofing company professional roofers to assess the state of your roof and make the required repairs.