Practiced Colorado Springs commercial roofing contractors will tell you that the right time to buy a new roof depends on the problems you experience with the old roof, your budget and also your preferences, because you can purchase a new roof for different reasons:
- Your existing roof is too old and not reliable anymore
- You want a new roof to have peace of mind when it comes to your safety and the money you spend
- You want a better product above your business, more suitable for the local climate or made from a material that requires less maintenance
- You do not know when the old roof was installed and you want to prevent experiencing a roof failure
- It just looks old and worn, and you are doing preventive maintenance on your home.
There are also some potential signs indicating that the right time to buy a new roof has come:
- Shingles are worn out and damaged (tabs are cupped, edges are curled etc.)
- There are visible signs of aging 3-tab asphalt shingles
- Your neighbors are getting new roofs and, in this context, your old roof will lower the value of your property
Just make sure that you take some time to plan the roof replacement project, as it is complex, involves different operations as well as a significant budget.