Photovoltaic panels exploit the energy of the sun, which is a free and infinite source of energy. When the sun’s rays reach the surface of the earth, their energy is about 2,000 times higher than the total energy consumed worldwide, in a year. Solar energy, along with other renewable energies such as wind, geothermal and biomass – could contribute to achieving a percentage of 100% energy produced from renewable sources and a 100% clean, green energy supply.
The energy production of a photovoltaic system depends on several factors, including the location, orientation and inclination of the system, as well as the temperature and shading conditions. A good design must take all these factors into consideration.
According to solar energy Fort Collins roofing company experts, the benefits of residential solar roofing include –
- Savings on energy bills and even earning extra money, if you choose to sell some of the energy you produce.
- You get quick return on investment.
- The value of your home increases
- You make a long term investment (> 30 years)
- You get additional roof protection
- 100% renewable energy
- Green energy
- Reduction of CO2 emissions
- You become your own energy producer
- Energy independence
- You can expand the system with storage solutions
- Warranty up to 25 years
- Online monitoring of energy production
- Real-time error detection
- Smart charging solutions