Solar roofing shingles are an excellent way to add sustainability and save energy costs in your home. They may be more aesthetically appealing than their traditional counterparts and are a viable option when looking to go green! According to a leading solar contractor in Denver CO, here are a few tips to keep in mind when looking to have them installed:
- Ensure that you are selecting a shingle type that is compatible with your roof type and existing conditions. It is important that the contractor has experience assessing and analyzing rooftop conditions in order to make sure the solar shingle installation is done correctly and that your warranty will be valid.
- Get the proper local permits. There may be additional regulations or insurances that need to be in place before you can have the solar roofing shingles installed.
- Ensure you have enough roof space to accommodate the solar shingle installation type you are looking to install.
- Hire a contractor that has the proper experience and certifications. This is important to make sure you receive a quality installation, and the system performs for years to come.
- Ask your contractor if their warranty includes monitoring services in case there are any issues down the line.
By following these tips, you can be sure that the installation of solar roofing shingles is successful and durable. Solar shingles can help ensure that you are living in a sustainable and energy-efficient environment, which in turn will help you to save money.