Maintaining your roof in Denver is essential to ensure it can withstand the region’s unique weather patterns, including sun, snow, hail and everything in between. Unfortunately, maintenance in Denver is not always easy so you might need help from an experienced roofer to deal with most of the recommended tasks for Denver homeowners:
- Perform visual inspections of your roof at least a few times a year, ideally paying greater attention to them in the spring and fall. Look for signs of damage, such as missing, cracked, or curled shingles, as well as moss or algae growth.
- Trim branches that overhang your roof. Falling branches and leaves can cause damage, and overhanging branches can rub against and damage roofing materials.
- In winter, if heavy snow accumulates on your roof, use a roof rake to safely remove it. Excessive snow can put stress on your roof structure.
- Monitor for ice dams, which can cause water to back up and infiltrate your roof. Ensure proper attic insulation and ventilation to prevent ice dam formation.
- Inspect your attic for signs of leaks or moisture. Look for water stains, mold growth, or soft spots on the roof deck. Address any issues promptly.
- While removing algae, avoid power washing, as it can harm roofing materials. Use specialized roof cleaning products or consult a professional.
Periodically hire a professional roofing contractor to conduct a thorough roof inspection. Knowledgeable Denver roofing companies have the experience needed to identify hidden issues and provide expert recommendations. More importantly, they will help you to address any issues promptly. Don’t wait until you spot damaged or missing shingles, as this can lead to more extensive damage and costlier repairs.