If you’re undecided on which type of commercial roofing to install, you’ll find it worthwhile to check on some of the more popular roofs that are known to deal with the weather conditions in Denver quite well. There are several types of well-known commercial roofing systems available in Denver. Leading commercial roofing Denver CO contractors affirm that they each have their own advantages and disadvantages:
- TPO (thermoplastic olefin) is a popular choice for commercial roofing due to its durability, energy efficiency, and ease of installation. TPO roofing systems are also resistant to punctures, tears, and impact damage.
- PVC (polyvinyl chloride) roofing systems are similar to TPO in terms of durability and energy efficiency, but are more expensive. PVC roofs make up for that by also being highly resistant to weathering, chemical damage, and fire.
- EPDM (ethylene propylene diene terpolymer) roofs are a highly popular choice – probably the most well-known in the commercial roofing industry. They are known for being durable flat or low-sloping roofs, as well as due to their low cost, ease of installation, and high resistance to weathering and UV radiation.
- Metal roofing systems are durable, long-lasting, and fire-resistant. They are also highly reflective, which helps to reduce energy costs by reflecting UV rays and keeping the building cooler.
- BUR roofing systems consist of multiple layers of bitumen and reinforcing fabrics, which makes them extremely durable and resistant to weathering and UV radiation. BUR roofing is also highly customizable and can be designed to meet specific aesthetic or performance requirements.