Asphalt shingles are the most common and most popular materials used on roofs throughout the country.
The simple, common material offers numerous benefits – here are some:
- Affordability – asphalt shingles come in various quality categories, from thin varieties to much thicker architectural and impact-resistant varieties, but they are all very affordable;
- Versatility in terms of design and appearance – asphalt shingles come in a seemingly endless variety of textures, shapes and sizes, you can even find types that mimic high-end roofing materials, such as wood or slate. The color palette of asphalt shingles is also very wide, including not only classic shades of red, brown and terracotta, but bolder options, such as green, blue, beige and black as well;
- Easy installation – asphalt shingles come with simple, easy to follow processes that make asphalt roof installation a quick job for reputable Denver roofing companies;
- Longevity and resistance – new asphalt roofs are usually warranted for 15-30 years and they can stand up to almost any weather, including rain and sun, wind, hail and snow;
- Energy-efficiency – asphalt shingles reflect solar heat and they also prevent heated air from slipping out through the roof in winter, thus providing great help with any efforts to reduce energy costs.