In general, water leakage through the roof is caused by the following things:
- Wrong selection roofing product and accessories – Construction projects can be compromised because the adopted roofing solutions are not compatible with the building.
- Roof Slope Angle – There are a lot of roofing solutions on the market that differ depending on the angle of the roof. Thus, a tile designed for a slope of 14 degrees will obviously not be good for a more inclined roof. If you do not take into account the fact that some products are created for particular types of roof, there is a good chance that the water will infiltrate later.
- The age of the roof and, consequently, its degradation
- Incorrect installation of sealing accessories
- Failing to adapt the roofing solutions to the weather conditions – If a house is to be built in high altitude area, with massive snowfall, it is important to choose adequate cover materials that will resist in such an environment.
Regardless of causes, if your roof starts leaking, call a Fort Collins roofer to have it repaired immediately, otherwise infiltrated water will cause many problems, from moisture and mold formation to structural damage, which will be very costly. If you wait too long, repairs may not even be possible anymore and you will have to pay for a roof replacement.