If you’re a homeowner or a property manager having problems with EPDM (Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer) roofing, you can definitely use some insight from an experienced Fort Collins commercial roofing EPDM professional. We’re going to give you the lowdown on what you need to be aware of when it comes to EPDM repair.
EPDM is a durable and popular roofing material. However, like any other material, it can develop issues over time, and that will require you to take prompt action. Let’s see what you might be able to do about it:
- Inspect Regularly: Keep an eye out for any signs of damage, like cracks, tears, or blisters. Regular inspections can catch issues early.
- Clean Thoroughly: EPDM roofs can accumulate dirt and debris. Regular cleaning with a mild detergent can help prevent damage.
- Address Leaks Promptly: If you notice leaks, don’t procrastinate. Address them ASAP to prevent further damage to your roof and interior.
- Sealant and Adhesive: EPDM repairs often require specialized sealants and adhesives. Make sure you have the right materials for the job.
- Patching or Replacement: Depending on the extent of damage, you might need to patch small areas or consider a partial or full replacement.
- Weather Conditions: Be mindful of weather conditions when planning repairs. EPDM repairs are best done during dry, mild weather.
- Consider Professional Help: For complex repairs or if you’re unsure about DIY fixes, it’s wise to consult with a roofing professional.